To allow us to do this safely we have put together the following guidelines for yourself and our team.
Please take the time to read, if you have any further questions please feel free to email us.
What have we been doing?
· Adhering to all government and industry guidelines on how to reopen safely.
· Sourcing the provision of PPE for all the team
· Altering the layout of the salon to enable social distancing and a safe working environment
· All the team have completed online hygiene courses
· Professional Deep Cleaning to all areas
· Professional Cleaning of our water system
· Provision of hand sanitization for all clients and team
· Training for all the team regarding new safety policies
· Carrying our risk assessment
What can you expect when you visit the salon?
· It will be a different experience with safety as a priority
· All stylists will be wearing PPE and single use aprons
· We will ask where possible to pay by card or smart phone
· Only 1 team member will be managing the flow of people in the salon
· Your stylist will complete all your services
· We will be using disposal single use gowns, capes, aprons, gloves and towels throughout your service
· Stylists will work with one client at a time for the full duration of your appointment
· Your appointment may take longer to allow for changing or PPE and cleaning after each service.
· Your service may cost more than usual for this first visit to allow for more time, extra product and the provision of PPE and cleaning.
· Appointments can only be booked by telephone (we hope to enable online booking in August)
· We may limit some services to allow for social distancing and safety
What can you do to help?
· If you have had any recent symptoms of Covid-19 please follow government quarantine guidelines and cancel your appointment. We must keep each other safe
· Read/Complete the attached client health questionnaire prior to your visit
· You must wash/sanitise your hands upon arrival
· Hand sanitation products will be available at Reception, in the washroom and at all workstations
· Please arrive on time for your appointment, not early and not late
· Please wait outside the salon for the reception team to let you in
· If you need to cancel or rearrange please call us, do not simply ‘no show’ as this is unfair to the stylist and others that may be on a waiting list. You may also incur a fee.
· Provide your own PPE that you deem necessary for your personal needs and safety
· Arrive alone, we cannot provide any waiting for non-clients
· If you do need to bring anyone (eg carer) please let us know at the time of booking
· Be prepared with your own refreshments and reading material
· We will provide access to a water machine but bring you own bottles, we will provide disposal cups
· If you have coloured your hair, please tell us as you will have to be skin tested again
· If you arrive having not made us aware of any home colour we will not be able to colour your hair and you may still incur some cost
Please bear with us, this is new to us all and our new systems may take time to settle
If you would like further clarification on any of these points or if you think we have missed anything please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All of this above was correct at 26th June 2020, should anything change regarding guidelines we will let you know